Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In full packing mode

My final work day yesterday was filled with excitement and joy, as the staff surprised me with a lovely luncheon to celebrate our long awaited journey. Just some loose ends to tie up at the office, and I'll be in full packing mode. Relief this morning, when they released the Canadian students out of their medical quarantine in China, so hopefully our trip will be smooth and without quarantining delays. We are prepared nonetheless, visiting our lawyer yesterday to have a notarized power of attorney, in the event Roger and I have to part ways in China if delayed, with him needing to return for work or other reasons, and then myself completing the adoption paperwork without him. We are trying to think of all scenarios, just to make the trip less stressful. Lots to think about, and I am so grateful to all who have sent me their words of advice and suggestions. We are truly blessed to have such supportive friends and family. Kristen will be here soon to meet everybody. 2 more sleeps!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I saw the van going down the driveway this morning and got a thrill of excitement knowing you were beginning your journey. Not long until you hold her in your arms and give her real kisses!!
    alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with Alison! I too happened to be at the right place at the right time this morning as you started out on your journey. It was an overwelming feeling of excitement for you all. Safe travels.
    See you all when you return.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete